Traceability of waste- SISTRI
The implementation of SISTRI for obligated parties has been newly defined several times.
SISTRI is obligatory for the following parties:
Corporations and organizations with more than 10 employees, original producers of dangerous special waste involving the following operations:
- Agriculture and Agroindustry, professional fisheries and aquaculture
- Demolition, construction, and earth moving professions
- Industrial manufacturing
- Skilled manual manufacturing
- Trade professions
- Service professions
- Sanitation services
- Corporations and organizations, original producers of dangerous special waste, where the waste is temporarily stored.
- Corporations and organizations, that commercially transport dangerous special waste, including foreign freighters, that are active in Italian territory
- Corporations and organizations, that handle with dangerous household and special waste, salvage, dispose, deal or conciliate, including „new generators“, that handle or create hazardous waste.
- Situations involving Intermodal-Transport, every participant, whether the dangerous special waste from ship- or rail or other transport organizations that are entrusted
Producers, managers, intermediaries and dealers of rubbish, other than the aforementioned, can free willingly join SISTRI.
Cumpulsory dates for bringing SISTRI into service:
- Ocober 1, 2013 for corporations and organizations that commercially collect or transport dangerous special waste, including foreign freighters, that are active in Italian territory or cross-border waste transport that originates in Italian territory, also hazardous waste which is handled, recycled, disposed, conciliated or dealt, including new producers.
- March 3, 2014 for original producers of hazardous waste.
Up to December 31, 2015
- Waste Recogntion Notice and Rubbish Register must continued to be completed;
- From April 1, 2015, all SISTRI sanctions to be undertaken; including exceptions, yearly fees, that are not registered by SISTRI
- Will continue to be sanctioned through the Waste Recognition Notice and the Rubbish Register
The implementation of SISTRI for obligated parties must pay their yearly fees by April 30, 2015. This needs to be registered with all pertinent information regarding payment in the SISTRI-portal “AREA GESTIONE AZIENDA”.
SISTRI registered parties; that are no longer SISTRI obligated, must NOT pay the yearly fee, including processes that are forthcoming and not yet completed
Load Safety and Supervision
- // Quelle: Handelskammer Bozen
The handover of the semi-trailer guarantees the customer that the loaded goods are within the guidelines for safe transport in combined transport.
The term „secure“ is to be understood that; the condition of the semi-trailer and their goods are safe for secure transport. Liquids and other goods that have certain temperature requirements need to be on suitable trailers before being transported.
The packaging and the load security must meet ADR/RID regulations. The regulations of ADR paragraph 22.214.171.124 are to be complied with, when the load; according to the Norm EN 12195- 1:2010 (applicable for the interpretation of a different backup method for securing cargo for overland transport by road vehicles or trailers) is being secured.
For combined transport with a maritime portion it must meet the IMO/ILO/UNECE regulations for packing and loading of carriage units. Here within, a danger or contamination (content loss, steam leakage, odours) happening due to improperly closed vents/valves must be avoided during transport.
If the trailer does not meet the transport regulations, the defect has to be corrected before the trailer enters the terminal, otherwise, the entry to the terminal will not be allowed. Trailers will only be transferred to the road carrier if the identified carrier followed terminal procedure (1.10 ADR/RID). Furthermore, additional monitoring from the terminal operator can be implemented; especially trailer/ vehicle registration certificates, the ADR vocational training certificate of the driver, and the proof of this in written form in the vehicle.